In Pokémon Go, Routes are predefined paths that offer rewards to players. While walking along a Route, you may encounter bonus Pokémon spawns and Zygarde Cells. Completing a Route earns you a special badge and various other rewards.
To better understand this feature, we’ll guide you through creating, finding, and following Routes in Pokémon Go, along with additional essential information about Routes.
How to Create Routes in Pokémon Go
Knowing that most players cannot create Routes in Pokémon Go is essential. Niantic has indicated that Route creation is currently being gradually introduced and players should watch for email updates to know when this feature becomes accessible to them.
It can be disappointing to learn that completing the “From A to Zygarde” particular research in Pokémon Go requires using Routes, especially if the feature is not yet accessible to you.
However, once the Route creation feature becomes available, you will know how to create one and proceed with the particular research. Stay patient, and watch for updates to make the most of this exciting feature when it becomes available! When available to you, here’s how to create Routes in Pokémon Go:
- Travel to a PokéStop or Gym
- Select it as your Route starting point from the ‘Route’ tab in the same menu as ‘Nearby Pokémon’.
- Select your Route endpoint (this can be changed while mapping a Route).
- Press ‘ Record ‘ at the PokéStop or Gym to map your Route.
- Go to your Route endpoint to finish recording.
- Fill out some info about your Route, then submit it for review.
As mentioned by POGOFan808 on TheSilphRoad subreddit, players can create up to four Routes per week in Pokémon Go. However, it’s important to note that not all four Routes may get approved; the limit refers to the number of submissions allowed.
To check the status of your submitted Routes, click on your avatar picture in the bottom left-hand corner, scroll down to the Routes section, and review the information next to your Badge collection.
At the moment, the exact approval duration for Routes remains unknown. However, during the beta testing phase, efforts were made to review Routes within 24 hours. Understanding that the increased number of submissions might lead to longer review times when Routes are officially released is essential.
While waiting for your Route to be approved, you may explore and follow existing Routes instead. This way, you can still enjoy the benefits of Routes without needing approval.
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Announce First Summer Tera Raid
- Pokemon GO Update Confirms Huge Change
- Pokemon GO Launches New PokeStop Feature!
How to Find Routes in Pokémon Go
Finding Routes in Pokémon Go is a straightforward process. To discover and explore existing Routes, follow these steps:
- Open Pokémon Go: Launch the Pokémon Go app on your mobile device and ensure you have an active internet connection.
- Access the Routes Feature: Look for the icon or menu option in the game’s main menu or settings.
- Browse Available Routes: Once you access the Routes feature, you’ll be presented with a list of existing Routes created by other players. These Routes will likely be based on popular locations, landmarks, or themed adventures.
- Choose a Route: Browse through the available Routes and select the one that interests you the most. You can check the details of each Route, such as the location, distance, and potential rewards.
- Follow the Route: After selecting a Route, the game will guide you on the path to follow. Walking along the designated way, you may encounter bonus Pokémon spawns, Zygarde Cells, and other rewards tied to the specific Route.
- Enjoy the Adventure: Follow the Route and enjoy its unique journey. You’ll be able to explore new areas and engage in exciting gameplay.
- Try Multiple Routes: Don’t hesitate to explore different Routes to experience a variety of adventures and rewards in Pokémon Go.
Finding and following Routes is an excellent way to enhance your Pokémon experience, discover new places, and earn additional rewards while playing the game. Enjoy your journey along the chosen Route and have fun exploring the world of Pokémon Go! You might also want to check out the official Pokémon Go tweet, which is shown below:
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) July 21, 2023
Everything Else Regarding Pokémon Go Routes
In July 2023, Pokémon Go introduced Routes and Legendary Pokémon Zygarde as part of the Season of Hidden Gems.
While walking a Route, players can enjoy various benefits such as increased spawns (marked with a Route symbol), faster Buddy Candy earning, and the chance to find Zygarde Cells, used to change Zygarde’s Forme.
Upon reaching the end point of a Route, players receive rewards like XP, Revives, Poké Balls, and Stardust. Completing a Route for the first time grants a special Badge, and players can earn XP towards this Badge with each subsequent completion, similar to how Gym Badges work.
Exploring a Route for the first time also attracts Pokémon to Incense, enhancing the gameplay experience. Additionally, walking with a Buddy can earn players a Buddy Heart after completing a Route.
For more information on other tech news, including details regarding their gaming content and other entertainment release dates, etc., follow us on Twitter and read our other recent blogs.