After a gruelling Season 17, Apex Legends Season 18: Resurrection looks to provide some intriguing new content and changes to the free-to-play battle royale.
These updates are anticipated by players because they give a much-needed content refresh, with a new Legend and various buffs and nerfs to change the Legend and weapon meta.
With that stated, many members of the community will be interested in learning more about the Apex Legends Season 18 update, so we’ve got you covered. Here are the first Apex Legends Season 18 patch notes, so you know what to anticipate, including the release date, Revenant Reborn, Ranked modifications, and more.
Apex Legends Season 18 Release Date
The Apex Legends Season 18 update will be released on August 8 at approximately 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. BST.
The new season, Resurrection, will include a major overhaul for the Assault Legend Revenant, as well as modifications to the Ranked system, a rework for the Charge Rifle, and other adjustments.
Revenant Reborn Arrives in Season 18 of Apex Legends
In Season 18 of Apex Legends, Revenant will undergo a significant rework that completely alters their appearance and abilities. Essentially, this is the new Legend for Season 18. Revenant has undergone a physical transformation and will acquire new abilities:
Passive: Assasin’s Instinct
Enhanced wall climb for more horizontal movement and still has faster crouch movement. Revenant can now also see nearby enemies on low health, and if Rev gets them low himself, they will be marked for him and the team.
Tactical: Shadow Pounce
Revenants can leap forward and pounce on the enemy. You can also use the leap to pounce on walls and high ground. Hold it down to charge the leap and go even further.
Ultimate: Forged Shadows
A shroud of shadows cloaks Revenant and acts as a sort of shield that protects him against incoming damage. It provides 75 extra shields but it does not protect him against ring or Caustic gas. His upper hitbox is larger during this mode and the Shadows slowly recharge if you’re not taking damage. The 75 extra shadow shield will refresh if Revenant gets a knock.
Throughout Season 18, Revenant will be available for free to all participants. To permanently unlock the Legend, players must accomplish a series of challenges before the end of the season.
Apex Legends Season 18 Ranked Changes
The developers have stated that there will be significant changes to Ranked Leagues in Apex Legends Season 18. Unfortunately, the drastic adjustments to the system in Season 17 did not work as anticipated, thus the developers will strive to create an “even tighter and more competitive Ranked system.”
Respawn published a blog explaining and describing what went wrong with Season 17 Ranked and how they intend to improve the system in Season 18. Among the changes are the following:
- Decreasing overall LP gains per match to combat the overall shift in the rank distribution.
- Adding a ruleset that only applies to Diamond+ to properly dial in the top of the ladder. layers in these ranked tiers will have increased stakes and losses and decreased rating bonuses and loss mitigations. Be ready to put it all on the line.
- Adding a minimum elimination bonus increase based on the player’s MMR and buffing elimination bonus in general. Eliminations should always be a contributor to your rank.
- Increasing action in the ring by adjusting ring damage.
- Adjusting ring timings to create more mid-game encounters and less pre-finale lulls.
- Updating matchmaking to better handle players that are actively challenging their MMR, for more competitively challenging matches that mirror their ranking.
Major Ranked updates coming in Season 18 of Apex Legends
– Decreasing LP gains per match to combat overall shift in the rank distribution.
– Players in Diamond+ will have increased stakes and losses, and decreased rating bonuses and loss mitigations.
— Apex Legends News (@alphaINTEL) July 19, 2023
Check out some other new content we’ve published:
- When is the League of Legends Patch 13.10 Release Date?
- When Will the Wow Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5 Be Released?
- Final Fantasy 14 Reveals Patch 6.5 Details Ahead of Dawntrail Expansion
Season 18 Early Patch Notes
- Revenant Reborn
- Ranked Changes
- Charge Rifle rework
- Weapon & Legend balance changes (buffs & nerfs)
- Mixtape on Broken Moon
- New 110 Tier Battle Pass with Eva-8 Auto max tier skin
- New Death Dynasty Collection Event & Revenant Heirloom recolour
- A second Collection Event with a Prestige skin
There is no new Legend in Season 18.
What’s coming in Apex Legends Resurrection:
– Revenant Reborn
– Mixtape on Broken Moon
– New Ranked Season with changes pic.twitter.com/eG0KsBnnv0
— Apex Legends News (@alphaINTEL) July 31, 2023
We’ve included information about the Season 18 Patch Notes Release Date on this page. Continue to monitor our website for further updates. Visit Our Website American Tech Journal And Show Your Support!