Splatoon 3, developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch, is a third-person shooter video game and the third instalment in the Splatoon series. It was released on September 9, 2022.
In Splatoon 3, players assume the roles of Inklings or Octolings, unique humanoid creatures capable of transforming between humanoid and squid forms. Squid form allows players to swim through ink, which can be used to cover the game’s stages’ surfaces and walls. In humanoid form, players wield various weapons to splat opponents with ink.
The game introduces exciting new features, including a fresh single-player campaign, multiplayer modes, and maps. One notable addition is the “Splatfests,” large-scale events where teams compete to splat the most opponents. Splatoon 3 has garnered praise for its vibrant visuals, addictive gameplay, and catchy music. It has achieved remarkable commercial success, with global sales surpassing 10 million copies.
Splatoon 3 Gameplay: How To Play It?
Splatoon 3 retains the core gameplay mechanics of the Splatoon series, offering players the choice of playing as either an Inkling or Octoling character in a third-person shooter experience. Armed with weapons that shoot colourful ink, players can fight against opponents.
The game boasts an extensive selection of weapons with distinct abilities and designs. Notable examples include Rollers, which excel at covering large areas with ink and are suited for close-range combat, and Chargers, which offer precise long-range attacks but are less effective at spreading ink on the ground.
Shacknews Tweets that have been shared that are relevant to the gameplay of Splatoon 3’s Tricolor Turf War Ice Cream Splatfest-
— Shacknews (@shacknews) July 16, 2023
- Super Bomberman R 2 Release Date: Prepare For Epic Gameplay!
- Battlefield 2042 Gameplay Trailer Features King in Action
Splatoon 3 introduces a range of new main, sub, and special weapons, significantly expanding the gameplay options available to players. Primary weapons can be personally selected, while sub-weapons are secondary attachments that consume additional ink.
Special weapons are tied to specific primary weapons and require players to cover the ground with ink to charge them up. Inklings and Octolings can transform into squid or octopus forms, respectively, known as the “swim form.”
In this form, they can traverse ink-covered walls and move through ink faster than their humanoid forms. Submerging in ink replenishes weapon ink ammunition more rapidly while in swim form. Splatoon 3 includes all the fundamental weapons from previous entries in the series.
The game’s primary mode, Turf War, revolves around two teams competing to cover the largest area of the map with their respective ink colours. Players employ a variety of weapons, including primary, sub, and special weapons, to attack opponents and assert control over the battlefield.
As players progress, they unlock ranked modes featuring diverse objectives such as Clam Blitz, Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker. Splatfests return as special events where players align with teams and vie for victory based on a designated theme.
Additionally, Splatoon 3 introduces Salmon Run Next Wave, a cooperative player-versus-environment (PvE) mode where players collaborate to collect Golden Eggs by overcoming waves of Boss Salmonids and meeting specific egg quotas.
The game also introduces innovative features such as Tricolor Turf War during Splatfests and Big Run events where Splatsville faces invasions by Salmonids. Furthermore, a new mode called Tableturf Battle offers a digital collectable card game experience centred around Turf War, where players employ trading cards to apply patterns and overwrite opponents’ marks on a grid.
To play Splatoon 3, follow these steps:
- Platform: Ensure you have a Nintendo Switch console, as Splatoon 3 is exclusively available.
- Game Purchase: Purchase a copy of Splatoon 3 either physically from a retail store or digitally from the Nintendo eShop.
- Setup: Install the game on your Nintendo Switch console by following the instructions provided with the game or through the digital download process.
- Character Selection: Launch the game and select your character. You can choose to play as either an Inkling or Octoling.
- Tutorial: Complete the tutorial, which introduces the game’s mechanics, controls, and essential gameplay elements. This will help familiarize you with the powers and abilities of your character.
- Game Modes: Explore the various game modes available in Splatoon 3. This includes the primary method, Turf War, where two teams compete to cover most of the area with their ink colour.
- Unlock and participate in ranked modes, such as Clam Blitz, Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker, which offer different objectives and challenges. Engage in Splatfests, special events where players join themed teams and compete for victory.
- Weapons and Abilities: Experiment with the wide range of weapons available in the game, each with unique attributes and playstyles. Customize your loadout by selecting a primary weapon, sub-weapon, and unique combination that suits your playstyle.
- Progression: As you play, earn experience points to level up and unlock additional weapons, gear, and abilities. Explore and unlock new maps and content as you progress through the game.
- Multiplayer: Engage in multiplayer battles with other players locally or online. Participate in cooperative PvE Salmon Run mode, where you work with a team to defeat waves of Boss Salmonids and meet egg quotas.
- Updates and Events: Stay updated with Splatoon 3 by downloading any available game updates and participating in special events, tournaments, or Splatfests organized by Nintendo.