Redd Art Guide: Real and Fake Paintings and Sculptures
How to Buy Works of Art
Redd offers famous works of art worldwide but also sells frauds that only a trained eye can recognize. Though you can buy and show forgeries, Blathers will not accept forged artwork for display at the museum; thus, determining which pieces Redd sells are genuine is critical to expanding your museum.
How to Unlock Redd
To get Redd to appear on your island, you must first make some progress in developing your town’s museum. You must donate 60 bugs, fish, and fossils to the museum to do this. This means that once the Museum is constructed, you will need 40 additional contributions!
Once you’ve reached this milestone, Blathers will inform you the next day that he has begun accepting donations for works of art – albeit he doesn’t yet have a venue to display them. Fortunately, Isabelle will most likely inform you the next day that “a suspicious individual has been seen sailing around the nearby islands.” Redd will after that be strolling about your island.
Redd’s Treasure Trawler Shop – Art, Furniture, and Forgeries
Like previous Animal Crossing games, Redd deals in rare and precious artworks, which he will sell to you each time he arrives, as well as various other furnishing items. His furniture products are frequently colour variations not commonly found at Nooks Cranny. He’ll also sell four works of art, at least one likely to be a forgery!
Once you’ve decided on a piece of art, Redd will lock in your purchase and refuse to sell the other three (but you can buy as much furniture as you like). You won’t get the artwork immediately; instead, he’ll mail it to you the next day (along with a clear notice of his no-refunds policy).
We have covered numerous articles, the links to which are provided below-
- The Ultimate Injustice 3 Guide: Release Date And Storyline
- Guidelines on How to Obtain Infected Flesh in Dead Island 2
Buying Art from Redd at Harv’s Island
Speak to the second Lloid on the right to access Redd’s shop, who will tell you you can invite a reputable art dealer.” When he comes to your town, he’ll bring four pieces of art (of dubious authenticity) and two goods in distinctive colour versions. However, Redd’s shop operates a little differently on Harv’s Island.
Redd only sells two art pieces at a time at Harv’s Island. You can only purchase one each day. As is customary, you must wait until the next day to receive the item in the mail. The next time you see him in the Plaza, a new piece will have replaced the one you purchased. If you don’t buy anything, you’ll have to wait until Monday for him to replenish his inventory.
Art Museum Time Travel Cheat
- First, you’ll need Redd on your island if Redd is nowhere to be found, Time Travel (change your system clock) one day at a time until you see him.
- Shop at Redd’s once he appears. Don’t worry if Redd sells nothing but fakes; you don’t need to buy anything for this cheat to work. Save, exit your game, and then close the software entirely.
- Head to System settings on your Switch. Select the system, then select Date and Time. Make sure Synchronize Clock via the Internet is turned Off. Change the Date and Time to go only one day ahead.
- Start up Animal Crossing. It’s a new day and Redd is gone. Feel free to use this time to get your art from the mail and even donate it to the museum if you’d like.
- When you’re ready, save, exit, and close the software. Return to the system settings and change your clock to the previous day to resummon Redd. He’ll have new inventory in his shop!
- Rinse and repeat until your museum collecting is complete.