Overwatch 2 Patch Notes: Numerous buffs and nerfs are included in the most recent Overwatch 2 patch notes for the season 2 launch update for characters like Doomfist, Junker Queen, and Soujourn.
In addition, Blizzard made a number of general improvements and bug fixes.
Here are the patch notes for the most recent Overwatch 2 update, which coincided with the start of Season 2. Blizzard released new content with this significant Overwatch 2 patch, including a brand-new battle pass and the character Ramattra.
They significantly altered the game’s balance by making several changes to the majority of heroes as well.
The Damage heroes are impacted by the most significant change. During season 1, those heroes’ mobility speed received a boost.
The speed modification was “negatively hurting the ability to precisely aim,” therefore it has been removed and their reload speed bonus increased.
The major Season 2 launch patch also added buffs and nerfs for the majority of the game’s heroes.
Buffs for Doomfist and Junker Queen as well as nerf for characters like Sojourn and Kiriko are among the often requested modifications.
Overwatch 2 Patch Notes
After hearing player feedback on how a lot of games in Control kind of fizzled out and got boring toward the end, the devs made the following change:
- Whenever a point is captured on Control, the team losing control of the point counts as having contested the point for the purposes of Overtime even if they were not present.
- For example, if Team A has 99% and Team B has current control of the point, but then Team A takes back control of the point, Overtime will automatically trigger and start to burn down unless Team B can touch again.
- At lower capture percentages this change will have no impact on the game mode, as this new rule is only applied for the purposes of Overtime
Hero Unlock And Challenges
- We’ve added Challenges for unlocking Junker Queen, Sojourn, and Kiriko
- 70+ player icon rewards have been added to challenges with the release of Season 2
- We’ve added a Hero purchase tab in the Shop
With a new season, the competitive play has obviously also been reset and adjusted. Blizzard has also introduced some minor changes to ranked and announced that Ramattra won’t be available in competitive play for a small amount of time.
- There are new, temporary Competitive title rewards for name cards based on your end-of-season rank
- You can only earn these titles at the end of the current Competitive season and can only use them in the season following
- Heroes that aren’t eligible for competitive play will have a lock icon in the Hero Gallery
- Implemented a group of matchmaking enhancements to improve match quality
- Minor polish improvements to the competitive play UI flow
- New hero, Ramattra, won’t be available in competitive for 2 weeks
Overwatch 2 Patch Notes: Hero Changes And Adjustments
The developers have decided to change the passive ability of the Damage heroes. They weren’t happy with the effect, that the speed boost had on players, claiming that it led to negative effects on their ability to aim. That’s why they changed the passive completely, now giving the class a stronger bonus in reload speed.
- Damage Role Passive
- No longer provides a movement speed bonus
- Reload speed bonus increased from 25 to 35%
- Ramattra has been added to the line-up
Doomfist has been buffed “to increase his presence as a disruptive brawler-style tank”. His passive ability has been buffed to make him beefier and more resistant to damage. His attacks have also been made stronger.
- Impact damage range (minimum-maximum) increased from 15-30 to 25-50 damage
- Wall slam damage range (minimum-maximum) reduced from 20-40 to 10-30 damage
- Empowered Rocket Punch wall slam stun duration range reduced from 0.5-1 to 0.25-0.75 seconds-Empowered Rocket Punch now stuns for the minimum 0.25-second duration on wall slam
- Empowered Rocket Punch knockback radius reduced from 4 to 3 meters
- The minimum time before the cancel option becomes available is reduced from 0.25 to 0.12 seconds
- Cooldown reduced from 4 to 3 seconds
- This has been in since his rework but was not mentioned
- Cooldown reduced from 8 to 7 seconds
- Duration increased from 2 to 2.5 seconds
- Minimum damage mitigated required to empower Rocket Punch reduced from 90 to 80 damage
- Now empowers Rocket Punch on landing
- Enemy slow duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds
‘The Best Defense…’ Passive
- Maximum temporary health increased from 150 to 200 health
- Temporary health gained per target hit with abilities increased from 30 to 40 health