Nintendo’s Latest Update Addresses Bugs and Fans’ Hopes for Additional Content. Nintendo has recently launched update 1.2.1 for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The game has garnered widespread acclaim since its initial release earlier this year.
Nevertheless, the developers recognize the potential for enhancement and have diligently rolled out several updates to address persistent issues and rectify exploits. It’s important to note that these updates have primarily concentrated on bug fixes without introducing fresh content to the game.
The trend continues with the latest update, version 1.2.1, which is now accessible for download by genuine fans of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. This new update tackles explicitly a range of problems.
For instance, it resolves a bug that caused screen flickering when players applied numerous stamps on the in-game map. It also addresses an issue where players could not access loot from treasure chests attached to Flux Constructs, as well as a glitch preventing the triggering of an event after players collected all Bubbul Gems.
Furthermore, the patch notes mention that several other undisclosed issues have been resolved in version 1.2.1. While players will undoubtedly welcome these bug fixes, some may hope for more substantial changes.
A parallel can be drawn with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which received significant post-launch support through premium downloadable content that expanded the already-immense gaming experience.
Enthusiasts of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom have expressed similar aspirations, although no official announcements have been made.
Despite the anticipation, recent events where such revelations might have been expected, such as the most recent Nintendo Direct presentation and Gamescom Opening Night Live, have come and gone without any indication of forthcoming Tears of the Kingdom DLC.
Speculation has arisen about the possibility of another Nintendo Direct event in September, holding the potential for unveiling Tears of the Kingdom DLC. Devotees of the franchise are encouraged to remain vigilant for updates on this front.
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 1.2.1 Patch Notes
Check out the Nintendo Life tweet listed below-
— Nintendo Life (@nintendolife) August 23, 2023
- Fixed an issue that caused intense screen flickering when placing many stamps on the Map.
- Resolved an issue that prevented players from acquiring the contents of treasure chests attached to Flux Constructs in situations where the bins disappeared due to Flux Construct’s attacks.
- If a treasure chest disappeared, reloading the save data would either restore it or cause its contents to appear automatically in the player’s Pouch.
- Addressed a situation where a specific event would not trigger after collecting all of the Bubbul Gems. This updated data ensures that the event starts as intended when talking to Koltin.
- Several additional issues have been tackled to enhance the overall gameplay experience.