How Do You Use Musiclm?
To create “realistic” music from extremely comprehensive specifications like “a calming violin melody backed by a distorted guitar riff,” researchers first described MusicLM in a scholarly publication.
To get the model to produce exactly what they want, users can define instruments and genres like “classical” or “electronic” as well as the “vibe, mood, or emotion” they’re going for.
Google also showed off its capacity to adapt whistled and hummed tunes to match the style of a text caption. To top it all off, the AI model might be taught to compose music that suits the mood of paintings based on descriptions of the artwork.
Nonetheless, despite the remarkable capabilities, some serious worries emerged as well. Since MusicLM’s authors might train the model on copyrighted music in order to generate new songs, Google researchers recognized the many ethical concerns faced by models like MusicLM.
Additionally, they discovered that the model occasionally produced music that was a direct replication of the songs it was trained on.
MusicLM: Google’s AI tool that can generate music from text prompts.
— Saadh Jawwadh (@SaadhJawwadh) May 11, 2023
How can I join MusicLM?
- 1. Go to the official MusicLM page and click on the Get Started button.
- 2. If you see a pop-up saying that AI Test Kitchen is only available for limited testers, click on the “Register your interest” button.
- 3. Fill out a short survey about your location and motivation for joining the Test Kitchen.
- 4. Log in to your Google account at the end of the survey. If you don’t have one, create one first.
- 5. Wait for an email from Google that will grant you access to MusicLM. This may take time as the service is in high demand.
You have been added to the MusicLM waitlist, so congrats on that! Once you’re in, all you have to do is enter your cue and wait for the music to be generated by artificial intelligence. Each question has two possible answers. Pick your favorite and give it a medal to boost the representation.
MusicLM’s product is said to lack creativity at times, despite its great appearance on paper. A technical limitation is likely to blame for this situation. After all, the AI is only rearranging pieces of music it already knows in an attempt to come up with something new.