Modern Warfare 2: Regular updates to Modern Warfare 2 fix issues and balance weapons, among other things. They frequently downgrade overused items and buff unpopular ones because they don’t want any weapon to be too strong for too long. Modern Warfare 2
Although updates happen pretty frequently, the downloads are typically not very large. The bi-monthly seasonal updates, however, are a little bit bigger and include new content.
Not Warzone, but Modern Warfare 2′s multiplayer patch notes are shown on this page. None of these adjustments may be made in Warzone because the mainline Call of Duty game is always balanced independently of Battle Royale.
Modern Warfare 2 Update Patch Notes
This was just a small patch to fix some annoying bugs:
- Some blueprints and operator skins were fixed
- The Battle Pass tokens were fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were able to save Blueprints from Private Matches and Showcase.
- Fixed an issue that could affect Basilisk bullet spread when ADS.
- Fixed an issue with Gaz Operator skin (Grass Ops) not appearing as purchased once unlocked.
- Fixed an issue that caused lingering smoke to disappear while in ADS during active S.A.E..
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from selecting a Blueprint after leaving a match early.
- Fixed an issue that caused Steam friends to appear as their SteamID64 rather than their intended nickname.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from selecting the correct number of Battle Pass Tokens to purchase.
- The XP tokens menu has been changed to display how much time is left on your XP tokens in the lobby screen.
- XP Tokens can now be equipped in the pause menu while in-game.
- XP Tokens can no longer be accidentally activated during Double XP events.
- Players who join a game in progress will no longer get a loss if their team loses the match.
- Attachments now have a tuning icon on them in the preview, indicating which ones can be tuned and which ones cannot.
- Finishing Moves now count towards the 30 kills in the third-person Daily Challenge in Special Ops.
- “Stickerbook Challenges” in the After Action Report screen now say “Calling Card Challenge” instead.
- Operator bios are no longer cut off part of the way through.
- Acquiring a new blueprint will now display a pulsing dot next to the associated weapon in Gunsmith.
- Players will no longer be seeing a black screen on some platforms when trying to purchase CP.
- Various issues with weapon and attachment unlock and progression have been addressed, including stats display.
- Merged Hub & Friends tabs together.
- Switched to smaller Player Card widgets for Friends.
- Added support for batch/bulk sending of friend requests.
- Fixed various bugs impacting the join and/or invite to party features.
- Transition to Grid view when scrolling in the Friends list.
- Camera positions on Operators have been adjusted for better positioning with the UI
- Adjustments to Filter/Sort
- Fixed the Player Browser, so it no longer scrolls when it isn’t full.
- Fixed an issue with Calling Cards not showing up in a player’s Showcase after they have set them.
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t properly sorting by progression in the Player Browser.
- Hides the empty attachments nodes on Weapon Inspection when there are no attachments slotted.
- Adjusted member list states (muted, talking, connected, etc.) to be clear
- Adjusted text message states in-game channel to be more clear who they were sent to
- Players in the member list will now be divided by team in lobbies
- Fixed an issue where lobby players were still able to be heard when connected to a custom channel
- Added the ability to text chat with “Group” members
- Akimbo P890, X12, Basilisk, and .50 GS have received a damage reduction against armored opponents
- Fixed an issue causing shotguns to inconsistently display the broken armor hitmaker
- Blocking underbarrel launcher and shotgun on 7” Bruen B-M20 barrel
- Small reduction to close damage; three hits to kill require at least one chest hit
- Increase in muzzle velocity
- A small decrease in the hip spread
- Increase close damage
- Increase to the chest damage multiplier
VEL 46 SMG
- Reduced hip spread.
- Increased movement speed.
- Increased far damage.
Increased movement speed, ADS speed, and sprint-to-fire speed on the 32 round magazine
- Blocking Basilisk compensators and flash hider on the FTAC ARROW barrel
- Adding muzzle attachment usage on the FTAC ARROW barrel: LOCKSHOT KT85, SA LEVELER 55, CRONEN DARK KX30
.50 GS Pistol
- Reduced hip spread
- Increased 1-hit headshot range
- Increased damage range
- Increased neck and upper shoulder location damage multipliers
- Increased bullet velocity
- Increased damage range on SA LONGSHOT – 50 and SA TYRANT FIFTY barrel
Expedite 12 Shotgun
- Added guard category:
- TV CF40 Guard
- AZ-40 Shotguard
- AZAROV T15
- Reduced movement speed
- Reduced melee damage to 3 hit kill
- Shield movement animation improvement
- Longer switch time pulling out throwing knife when riot shield is equipped
We advise using the X13 as your secondary weapon along with a drill charge and a flash grenade in a mid-range loadout like this. We advise the Portable UAV for field upgrades, and we choose Bomb Squad, Battle Hardened, Hardline, and Ghost for perks.
These were the patch notes and the loadouts we suggested following the patch. Next week, we’ll be back with more.