Elden Ring Multiplayer 1.08 Patch Notes: Elden Ring’s massive new multiplayer update goes live, but it adds more than simply PvP to the well-known game. According to the complete patch notes, the update also adds a number of new hairstyles for players, adjustments to the overall game’s balance, and a number of bug fixes.
Players can now engage in head-to-head competition through 1v1 duels or as part of teams of up to six in the Colosseums at Limgrave, Caelid, and Leyndell. There are also “special bouts” that allow for the summoning of spirits during combat.
Although the new hairstyles aren’t mentioned extensively by From Software, you may see them in the character editor. As for the balance adjustments, there have been multiple decreases in the speed and damage of numerous other weapons and game aspects, while daggers, axes, and hammers have had their recovery times shortened.
Regarding bugs, players won’t have to struggle with a variety of problems that occasionally stopped spells, incantations, and item input activities from functioning. An issue that might prevent consumable goods from replenishing when teleporting to a place of grace from the map is also fixed by the update.
The complete patch notes, as provided by From Software, are listed below.
Elden Ring Multiplayer 1.08 Patch Notes
Major new features
– The Colosseums of Limgrave, Caelid, and Leyndell is now open.
In these arenas, players can engage in a variety of combat trials: one-on-one duels, free-for-alls & team battles with up to six players, and special fights with spirit summoning enabled.
– New hairstyles for character creation have been added. These are also available during the character edition by using the Round Table Hold Clouded Mirror Stand.
PvP-exclusive balance adjustments
The adjustments in this section do not affect single-player or cooperative play.
- Reduced thrusting weapons counterattack damage.
- Reduced guard efficiency when attacking with your shield up for some weapon types.
- The poise damage of the following weapons has been reduced (Weapon Arts poise damage remains unchanged):
- Straight Swords / Thrusting Swords / Heavy Thrusting Swords / Curved Swords / Axes / Spears / Twinblade Swords / Katanas
- Reduced the poise damage of the Incantation Bestial Sling.
- Reduced the power of the Spell Carian Slicer.
General balance adjustments
- Increased the speed and distance of some attacks and reduced the recovery time for the following weapons:
- Daggers / Axes / Hammers / Flails (dual-wielded)
- Increased the speed of some attacks and reduced the recovery time for the following weapons:
- Twinblade (two-handed) / Reaper / Fist / Claw
- Slightly increased the speed of crouching and rolling attacks of Colossal Swords.
- Increased the staggering damage of Axes’ guard counters.
- Increased poise when attacking with two-handed Hammers.
- Increased poise damage of Claws. Weapon Arts remain unchanged.
- Increased poise value during the active part of the Stamp (Upward Cut / Sweep) Weapon Art.
- Increased poise damage of the weapon slash part of the Transient Moonlight Weapon Art and reduced the poise damage of the magic wave.
- Reduced the speed of Thrusting Swords and Heavy Thrusting Swords crouching attacks.
- Reduced the stagger caused by double-handed Heavy Thrusting Swords jumping attacks.
- Reduced poise damage of Hammers, Great Hammers, and some Colossal Weapons. Weapon Arts remain unchanged.
- Reduced the poise damage of the Cragblade Weapon Art.
- Reduced hitbox duration of the flame portion of the Flaming Strike Weapon Art.
- Reduced poise damage of the Flame of the Redmanes Weapon Art.
- Reduced the time it takes to activate the guard part of the Shield Bash Weapon Art.
- Reduced the poise damage of the Gravity Bolt Weapon Art.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented consumable items from being replenished when teleporting to grace from the map.
- Fixed a bug where stamina would replenish when switching to a crouching position while running.
- Fixed a bug where Spell, Incantation, and item input actions were ignored while guarding against attacks.
- Fixed incorrect physical attack values of some attacks of the Serpent-Hunter weapon.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the follow-up attack from occurring when the Black Sword Incantation was activated with a Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug where the attack power of the right-hand weapon was sometimes applied when casting the Inescapable Frenzy Incantation with a two-handed Sacred Seal in the left hand.
- Fixed a bug that could cause multiple damage instances when certain Spells and Incantations were cast while jumping.
- Fixed a bug that caused Weapon Arts to be incorrectly used with specific combinations of weapon and Weapon Arts.