Blizzard has unveiled the comprehensive patch notes for the upcoming Diablo 4 Update 1.1.3, scheduled to launch in a few days. As a live-service game, Blizzard is committed to refining and enhancing the core Diablo 4 experience through regular updates.
While some players have been eagerly awaiting features like weekend events, Blizzard continues to release updates aimed at smoothing out rough edges in the game. In the loot-centric world of Diablo 4, players are constantly encountering items to collect, and at times, it can become overwhelming, particularly with the abundance of gemstones.
Thankfully, Blizzard is actively addressing some highly requested features for Diablo 4, including a loot filter to help players avoid accidentally picking up items and a rework of elemental resistance. These changes are slated to coincide with the launch of Season 2 in October.
As a precursor to the official release, Blizzard has shared the patch notes for Diablo 4 Update 1.1.3 ahead of time. This update appears to be substantial, with adjustments to various gameplay elements, including modifications to monster abilities and Elite Affixes that apply crowd control effects.
These changes aim to reduce the time players are affected by these abilities. For example, Chilling Wind will now spawn overlapping walls less frequently, Cold Enhanced will no longer trigger on every hit, and ice pillars from Cold Goatmen will have longer cooldowns.
The patch also includes a significant number of bug fixes, addressing major gameplay issues as well as quirky visual problems, such as players occasionally appearing as if they are riding invisible horses.
Additionally, the update rectifies certain unintended advantages gained by co-op partners when applying effects or powers to enemy monsters. Treasure Goblins are also set to provide a guaranteed Legendary item drop between levels 15 and 40.
Despite the ongoing Season of the Malignant, Blizzard surprised Diablo 4 fans with a sneak peek of what’s to come during Gamescom Opening Night Live.
Alongside actress Gemma Chan, who lends her voice to the new companion Erys, Season 2 has been named the “Season of Blood” and introduces vampires and related abilities. This season will also bring five new and returning endgame bosses when it launches on October 17.
The official Diablo tweet about Patch 1.1.3 is now live in #DiabloIV is included below. This version includes modifications to crowd control sources, gameplay adjustments, and bug fixes:
Patch 1.1.3 is now live in #DiabloIV.
This update introduces various changes to sources that apply crowd control, gameplay adjustments, and bug fixes.
— Diablo (@Diablo) August 29, 2023
Diablo 4 Update 1.1.3 Patch Notes
Here are the patch notes for Diablo 4 Update 1.1.3
Crowd Control Sources
We have made various changes to Monster Abilities and Elite Affixes that apply Crowd Control effects, including
- Cold Enchanted Elites that attack in quick succession (Ex: Ghost Archers and Snake Brutes) will no longer proc the Cold Enchanted on every hit.
- Chilling Wind will spawn overlapping walls less often.
- The Stun ability from the Cannibal Gorger can now be more easily avoided.
- Increased the cooldown on the Cold Goatman Ice Pillars.
- Reduced the amount of Chill applied from the Cold Spider attack.
- Reduced the Stun duration from the Nangari Snake Eyes from 1.5 to 1.25 seconds.
- Other changes that reduce how often the player can be targeted by Crowd Control
- The death explosion from Fire Enchanted monsters releases 1 less wave and deals 20% less damage.
- The damage from the Bloated Corpsefiend’s charge attack has been reduced by 14%.
Check out some other new content we’ve published:
- Affixes on items will now sort consistently.
- The Seasonal and My Class filters in the Codex of Power menu now remember the setting previously selected by the player.
- Navigating the Glyph Upgrade menu on controller will now feel more natural.
- Achievements, Trophies, and Challenges with shared unlock criteria across platforms now transfer via cross-platform progression.
Season of the Malignant
- Fixed an issue where the Shadow Clone provided by the Caged Heart of Trickery displayed an improper tooltip in Fields of Hatred.
- Fixed an issue where Crowd Control effects could be applied to the Shadow Clone from the Caged Heart of Trickery and then carried over to the player.
- Fixed an issue where the Caged Heart of the Calculated would not trigger its stun effect if the cast skill was Imbued.
- Fixed an issue where monsters could open the door to the chamber where Varshan is encountered in the Ravening Pit.
- Fixed an issue where the Echo of Varshan quest would not be completed after defeating Varshan if the player previously died to him.
- Fixed an issue where completed Season Journey objectives displayed in the Recently Completed section of the Challenges menu.
- Fixed an issue where the rewards for defeating Varshan the first time wouldn’t go to the player’s Stash if they were missed.
- Fixed an issue where Echo of Varshan did not have a guaranteed Legendary drop chance after Level 35.
- Fixed an issue where Cormond would not appear after defeating Varshan during the Cold Hard Truth quest if the party leader was killed during the fight.
- When the following Skills and Powers were applied by a player on a monster, other players were unexpectedly able to benefit from that effect. This issue has been fixed.
- Skills and Passives
- Twisting Blades
Paragon Nodes and Glyphs
- Exploit Weakness
- Fang and Claw
- Fixed an issue where a Druid player’s inventory could fill up with Spirit Blessings, blocking progression for Quests that had items associated with them.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose Aberrant Cinders upon entering a Cellar.
- Fixed an issue where players could become temporarily stationary when trying to evade immediately after casting a channeled spell (Ex: Incinerate or Lightning Storm).
- Fixed an issue where Treasure Goblins did not drop a guaranteed Legendary item when defeated between Levels 15 and 40.
- Fixed an issue where multiple bosses were not guaranteed to drop legendary items at level 35 and beyond.
- User Interface
- Fixed an issue where the disbanding of a clan prompt directed the player to enter the clan’s name instead of using the provided code.
- Fixed an issue where the quest marker for searching the Records Room during the Answers in the Ashes quest wouldn’t disappear after advancing past the objective.
- Fixed an issue where the Blessed Mother Departed objective referenced the wrong name for the Echo of Hatred dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where two overlapping icons would display for Cormond’s Workbench in the Dry Steppes.
- Fixed an issue where progress notifications for untracked Whispers could repeatedly display the same update.
- Fixed an issue where mounted NPCs could appear to be riding an invisible horse. (GHOST HORSES?!?)
- Fixed an issue where Classes that can’t equip daggers could equip the Skeleton Key, the dagger rewarded for completing the Dead to Rights quest.
- Fixed an issue where progression could be blocked during the Jewel of the East quest in Co-Op Play.
- Fixed an issue where the Spirt of the Lost Grove Druid class quest could have its progression blocked if the player joined a Party after activating the last stone.
- Fixed an issue where Rogues could use Concealment to skip a phase of the Echo of Lilith encounter.
- Various performance and stability improvements across all platforms.