Blizzard has released the Diablo 4 Update 1.1.2 patch notes, which fixes several problems and improves overall gameplay. Most live service games rely on player feedback to discover bugs and glitches and how the game might smooth out gameplay concerns.
Diablo 4 is no exception, as the action RPG has received numerous upgrades since its June release. However, not every update goes as planned, as Diablo 4 Season 1 introduced a significant patch that affected much of the game, from mechanics to character balancing.
As expected, many of the changes were not well received by the community, and the backlash was so intense that Blizzard swiftly organized a Fireside Chat to outline how it planned to reverse several of the changes. Blizzard has revealed the most recent patch notes for 1.1.2, as fresh patches have been issued since.
Following a recent August Diablo 4 update released just a few days ago, Blizzard is already planning another patch for August 15. This update doesn’t include many gameplay changes, instead focusing on a slew of UI flaws and issues, quest and advancement blockages, and a handful of Druid-specific difficulties.
The patch also reduces the time for Malignant Monsters to spawn after activating a Malignant Heart from 5 to 2 seconds. Players are now automatically added to the Trade Channel by default, while they can opt-out via in-game options.
With the “A Boon in the Tide” trip objective, Update 1.1.2 finally removes one of the more annoying seasonal advancement barriers for many fans. Some Diablo 4 players could not advance in their Seasonal Journey because opening a Helltide Chest did not complete the task, stopping them from moving ahead.
Blizzard CEO Mike Ybarra confirmed that the glitch would be addressed in August, and this update should remedy those stranded. Many players hope a future update will bring significant changes to multiplayer.
Some Diablo 4 fans hope Blizzard adds a dedicated matching option to aid single players tackle some of the more challenging difficulties or, at the very least, alleviate some of the grind.
Diablo 4 Update 1.1.2 Patch Notes
1.1.2 patch notes are out❗️These patches just keep coming! https://t.co/bU1jJ1U5EL
— Diablo IV News & Updates (@DiabloIVNews) August 11, 2023
- The wait time for a Malignant Monster to spawn after activating a Malignant Heart in the world has been reduced from 5 to 2 seconds.
- Players are now in the Trade Channel by default. Navigate to the in-game settings to opt out.
Dungeons and Events
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare Dungeons could be repeated by promoting other party members to the leader.
- Fixed an issue where the Gathering Legions event could stop progressing even after defeating all nearby enemies.
- Fixed an issue where Boulders cast with the Aspect of Metamorphic Stone equipped would not deal more than 100% damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Agitated Wind’s malignant power would trigger when breaking destructible objects.
- Fixed an issue where the Aspect of the Alpha Werewolf companions could float above the ground.
- Fixed an issue where the Fury Against Fate quest couldn’t be completed.
- Fixed an issue where Iron Skin Elixirs could be obtained indefinitely by repeatedly accepting and abandoning the Desperate Remedies quest.
- Fixed an issue where the Call of the Ancients quest would not progress if the party leader died when the boss was defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the Call of the Ancients quest would not progress if Gharl were killed before his dialogue was triggered.
- Fixed an issue where side quests for crafting items could direct the player to the wrong NPC.
User Interface and User Experience
- Fixed an issue where white lines were appearing on the World Map.
- Fixed an issue where the Season Journey menu could malfunction when finishing a chapter.
- Fixed an issue where the notification for the World Boss appearance would malfunction if the player hadn’t unlocked Whispers of the Dead yet.
- Fixed an issue where linking an item in chat wouldn’t display properly in the Battle.net app.
- Fixed an issue where the Holding Back the Flood quest marker would display on Dungeon exits but not on the world map.
- The tooltips for the Caged Heart of Tal’Rasha and Caged Heart of the Great Feast now correctly state that their bonuses are additive instead of multiplicative.
- The tooltip for the Caged Heart of Determination had its description updated to clarify that it explicitly reduces resource-draining effects from enemies.
Check out some other new content we’ve published:
- Diablo 4 Season 1V1.1 Patch Notes: All Class Nerfs and Buffs
- Diablo 4 Big All-Buffs, XP-Boosting Patch Is Amazing
- Fixed an issue where the A Boon in the Tide Season Journey objective could not be completed as expected.
- Fixed an issue where teleporting to a Dungeon entrance could be done using invincibility-granting skills (Ex: Blood Mist).
- Fixed an issue where some interactable objects—particularly corpses— could not be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where mount skills were sometimes unavailable after leaving a city.
- Fixed an issue where the Calculated malignant power would consume the stun effect on non-damaging abilities.
- Fixed an issue where Druids, Necromancers, and Rogues could not gamble for Helms at the Unsavory Oddities vendor in Fields of Hatred towns.
- Fixed an issue where you could not replace an equipped Wrathful Heart with another Wrathful Heart.
- Fixed an issue where the frost effect of the Penitent Greaves didn’t display correctly in the final campaign boss arena.
- Fixed an issue where quest items could randomly appear in town.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Various other miscellaneous fixes to Shop Cosmetics.