Bungie has published a new patch for Destiny 2, which includes modifications to the prizes for the Trials of Osiris, enhancements to fishing activities, and several bug fixes.
The purpose of this update, which is not as large as previous patches, is to make Destiny 2 more stable and user-friendly by fixing as many bugs as possible. Bungie has made Destiny 2 one of the premier products in the live-service industry, with annual expansions and quarterly seasonal updates, with the debut of the Shadowkeep increase in 2019.
Live service games need ongoing monitoring and fixes, and Bungie deserves praise for regularly making them available for Destiny 2. The issues with Destiny 2 have become more complicated as the game has grown and new systems and mechanics have been introduced.
Several crucible-related difficulties, problems with commendations and endgame activities, and other modifications were formally issued by Bungie as part of an update aimed at improving the overall player experience. Matchmaking for higher-tier Competitive Crucible matches has been enhanced—official patch notes for Update 18.104.22.168.
For more information about Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124, check out the tweet linked below-
Patch notes for Destiny 2 Update 126.96.36.199 are now available:https://t.co/5C0ynnsQIW
Stay tuned for updates on the status of server maintenance.
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) June 27, 2023
Concerning the Crucible, the patch corrected the drop rate of Adept weapons from a 7-win Flawless card. It rectified an issue where certain players couldn’t access Trials of Osiris during the introductory mission. The update also fixed a bug that prevented players from catching the Exotic Whispering Mothcarp fish needed to complete the upcoming Exotic Weapon quest in Destiny 2.
The last battle in Destiny 2’s new Ghosts of the Deep dungeon formerly allowed players to respawn beyond the playable zone; with the 188.8.131.52 update, this has been fixed. It was also set so players could access the commendation screen after activating the Wish Wall in the Last Wish raid and after completing the Deep Dive activities.
The returning wave from the Titan Exotic Khepri’s Horn now correctly deals damage to foes, and the perk description of the Warlock Exotic Cenotaph Mask has been updated to reflect these changes.
Weapon changes include making it such that the Sweet Business and Telesto projectiles cannot hit adversaries through walls or other geometric obstacles and removing the seasonal restriction on the Bump in the Night Rocket Launcher pattern. The most significant change is the elimination of sensitivity episodes brought on by the Hollow Denial weapon for those who suffer from Semicircular Canal Dehiscence.
The patch is significant for the overall quality and stability of the game for the players. New problems, like the faulty Warlock class in Destiny 2, keep cropping up, so the work is far from done. Bungie has promised to release future patches to address these flaws, so players shouldn’t worry.
DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 184.108.40.206
- It is fixed an issue where the Powerlifter Triumph could be completed before gilding the Glorious Seal.
- Competitive: Improved matchmaking times at higher skill tiers.
- Trials of Osiris: Fixed an issue where some players could not access the game mode while on step 3 of the introductory quest.
- Trials of Osiris: Increased the drop rate of Adept weapons on 7-win cards after going Flawless that week.
RAIDS AND DUNGEONS
- Ghosts of the Deep: Fixed an issue where players could respawn outside the final encounter’s arena.
- They fixed an issue where players could not access the Commendations screen after using the Wish Wall in The Last Wish Raid.
- After finishing a Deep Dive activity, they fixed an issue where players could not access the Commendations screen.
- They fixed an issue where the new Exotic fish Whispering Mothcarp could not be obtained.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Updated the Cenotaph Mask description to state its perk behavior correctly. The report has been updated to the following:
- Steadily reloads a portion of your equipped Trace Rifle’s magazine from reserves. Damaging a vehicle, boss, or Champion with a Trace Rifle marks them as the target. When an ally defeats the marked target, Special ammo is generated for you and Heavy ammo for your partners.
- It fixed an issue where the rebound wave from Khepri’s Horn was not dealing damage to enemies already damaged by the first wave.
- They fixed an issue where the Couturier Longcoat ornament would show a hole underneath the right arm. Warlocks are advised to contact their local Tower tailor if the problem persists.
- Fixed an issue where Sweet Business and Telesto explosions could damage enemies through walls or other geometry.
- They are fixed an issue where Hollow Denial’s sound effects could trigger sensitivity episodes for Semicircular Canal Dehiscence (SSCD) players.
- Fixed an issue where unlocking the pattern for the Bump in the Night required a Season 17 entitlement to unlock.
- Fixed an issue where the Eververse tab would experience slowdowns on PC.
- Fixed an issue where Red War Exotic focusing could award incorrect Exotics.
- Fixed an issue where audio would not play during a Forsaken cinematic.
- They fixed an issue where a few subtitles did not correspond to the audio.