Patch 1.62 for Cyberpunk 2077 is being rolled out on PC. This update brings the technology preview of Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode.
— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) April 11, 2023
The 1.62 patch notes also say that Intel Xe Super Sampling 1.1 support has been added, so that’s not the only new AI technology. Cyberpunk 2077’s DLSS 3.0 frame generation for dynamic scene upscaling has competition in the form of Intel XeSS.
You can also check out the other patch notes listed below-
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Reveals Patch Notes for Update 5!
- Elden Ring Multiplayer 1.08 Patch Notes
- Minecraft 1.18.3 Patch Notes
XeSS has the advantage of being slightly less resource-intensive than competing solutions while producing comparable sophisticated frame animations. Compared to the level of DLSS support in the Nvidia ecosystem, this makes Intel’s GPU options slightly more accessible.
Last but not least, Cyberpunk 2077’s in-game benchmarking tool has been upgraded as part of the 1.62 patch. According to the patch notes, the results screen will now include additional information about a computer, such as its hardware and driver data.
While Phantom Liberty isn’t the last patch for the smash hit, CDPR has stated that they will cease development shortly after the expansion’s release. CDPR stopped supporting Cyberpunk 2077 on older consoles in late 2022.
It is anticipated that the DLC will be released in the second half of 2023. For the espionage-themed add-on, Keanu Reeves will reprise his role as Johnny Silverhand, and Idris Elba will play the new character, Solomon Reed.
Cyberpunk 2077 Version 1.62 Patch Notes
Path Tracing: Technology Preview
- Added a Ray Tracing: Overdrive preset which includes the Path Tracing technology. You can enable the Ray Tracing: Overdrive preset in Settings > Graphics > Quick Preset or just Path Tracing separately in Settings > Graphics in the Ray Tracing section. To make sure Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode works correctly on your PC, update your NVIDIA Game Ready Driver to version 531.41 at minimum.
- Additionally, we included an option to render path-traced screenshots in Photo Mode for other Ray-Tracing-capable graphics cards with at least 8GB VRAM. If your graphics card has over 8GB VRAM and this option is still greyed out, you need to lower your in-game resolution. Note that the higher the key and the less powerful the GPU is, the longer it will take to take a screenshot (between a few seconds to several minutes). In the Ray Tracing section, you can enable Path Tracing for Photo.
- The mode in Settings > Graphics.
- Added NVIDIA DLAA, an AI-based anti-aliasing mode designed to improve image quality. DLAA requires an NVIDIA RTX graphics card. It can be enabled in Settings > Graphics in the NVIDIA DLSS section.
- Added support for Intel Xe Super Sampling 1.1, an upscaling technology using machine learning to improve performance with high image quality. It can be enabled in Settings > Graphics in the Resolution Scaling section.
- Improved the Benchmark to display more information in the results screen, including PC specs, GPU driver version and selected settings.
Available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox One S is Cyberpunk 2077.